Sunday, August 21, 2011

OKAY. LISTEN UP...

This is a public service announcement.
Well, not really. kinda. orrr, maybe not.

I'm just going to start by saying that I am not a record player. I don't play, pause, rewind, and forward at anyone's wish. Not even mine.
        I was brought up to belive in myself and my values. Fortunately for some, and unfortunately for others, I don't compromise those - for anything. See, I've lived a lot of my life trying to do things that make people happy, trying to go out of my way to satisfy other people, trying to believe that 'people' were my priority because that's what I love. Making people happy, and putting a smile on people's faces is my greatest hobby ever. However, that is about to change a tad bit.
        If you don't know me, you don't know that i'm this very emotional n sensitive person with a soft side and that little things get to me. If you read my blog, you'll know that my friends (not acquaintances) could be the most important people in my life next to God first, then family. If you know me, you'll know that I love to be happy and have fun, and i hate anything that will ruin that. If you're in any one of these categories, I'll tell you now, whether you knew before or not. I hate to deal with people's b.s.
       Recently, people have been taking me for granted because I'm this person that loves to make people happy and please. Even people that matter to me. (that's the saddest part). So things will change a little bit. I've had to deal with a lot of stuff lately. A LOT of stuff; and you see, I'm learning to embrace my imperfect side, so I don't beat myself up anymore when I make mistakes or I do things wrong. I apologise if im supposed to, (or if that's what makes the person sleep at night.. ) and life goes on. But this is the thing. I'm not going to deal with people putting me in awkward positions anymore. I'm not going to deal with having to live up to the expectations of people when i can live up to those of myself. I'm not going to try hard to see the world through people's eyes, when they refuse to see it through mine. I'm not going to tolerate people talking to me like they're my dad, when they should be my friend. I'm not going to have to deal with people asking me to be in their shoes when they refuse to be in mine. I'm not going to deal with being stuck on trying to fix friendships that have already fallen apart. I'm not going to let one text spoil my day when i get a million that read things that I want them to say. I'm not going to try to make anyone happy, at the expense of my smile, or comfortable at the expense of my own rest. No. Not anymore. Because my finger has fed, and got bitten; one too many times.
       If you really care about me, you wont put me in awkward positions, expect me to live up to your expectations, not care about my point of view, refuse to step in my shoes, talk to me like shit, send me a nasty text, and any of that b.s. I'm caring about the people that care about me. And well if you fall into the category that doesn't, i'll pray for you to the best of my ability. I'm not going to keep living each day like I'm in a fool's paradise. My dad always told me that my over nice personality may be detrimental to me, but I never really believed it. Guess it was one of those mistakes that I had to make to learn. Therefore, if you're in my life to make me do things the way you want, and push me arounf for your own gain, nicely walk out of it before I help you out. I'm not, by any means, dealing with anyone's b.s. no matter the quantity.. no matter who you are.

That being said, I will be deleting people from my life. If you get deleted, I'm done dealing with your b.s, and transferring that care and love to people that actually give the word 'relationships' a meaning and just not a title. Find someone else to use your remote control on. It's done working on me. Have a great life.

Moving on...

that's my public service announcement.. well not really.. as i do it.

~***shanpepe***~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
www.e-referrer.com