***
1Q84 by Haruki Murakami
Parallel worlds.
Aomame scowled as if she had bitten into something horribly sour...
-pg 107
***






***
watched
The Broken Tower
Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child
Earth's ghost lights as seen from the international space station
"Looking outward to the blackness of space, sprinkled with the glory of a universe of lights, I saw majesty - but no welcome. Below was a welcoming planet. There, contained in the thin, moving, incredibly fragile shell of the biosphere is everything that is dear to you, all the human drama and comedy. That's where life is; that's were all the good stuff is." - Loren Acton, American astronaut

The kitchen, with its chilly marble floor, tub-sized sinks, and the counter space to busy several chefs, did impress me since, as you’ll come to understand, cooking from scratch, and by scratch I mean from autopsy to dishwasher, is far more than a spectator sport for me. ...I spotted Serge’s florid silhouette among the room’s hazier shadows. “Why,” his voice asked, “did you say it would be nice to spend more time with me?” Wait, have I mentioned that, prior to that afternoon, I’d committed several murders, or, rather, helped facilitate several boys’ demises for reasons I’m withholding for the moment? If not, let me illustrate myself to that degree before I say another word, as it will shortcut this story to the expertise I’ll now attribute to my curious behavior, and which I would otherwise need to bore myself as well as you with in the course of explaining. - from The Marbled Swarm
main attrakionz - legion of doom
No comments:
Post a Comment