Saturday, April 18, 2009

A rich man meets Shri Ramakrishna Paramhansa

A rich man went to Shri Ramakrishna Paramhansa and said:
"I've heard that Godess Maha Kali herself comes to meet you." Shri Ramakrishna: "Yes, that is true."
"When does she come?" "That is not fixed.
Is there a particular time when the God & the saints pay a visit? They come at their own goodwill."
"I want that you should help me a little. Whenever the Godess Maha Kali comes at your place next time do send her to my house also."
This person appeared very clever to Shri Ramakrishna therefore He said:
"That's OK! But you give me your address."
The richman wrote his address on a piece of paper & gave it to Shri Ramakrishna.
Then Shri Ramakrishna said: "Is this your address?" "Yes Sir! This is definitely my address."
"No, this is the address of your body. I can send the Mother (Godess) only if you give me your address."
"My address! The rich person was bewildered." Shri Ramakrishna smiling said:
"How can a person invite the Mother (Godess) without knowing his own address?" The rich person stepped back silently & went away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
www.e-referrer.com