Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Advice Quotes

These are some of my favorite advice quotes

Please give me some good advice in your next letter. I promise not to follow it.
~Edna St. Vincent Millay


It is more easy to be wise for others than for ourselves. ~FranÁois Duc de La Rochefoucauld



I never had a man come to me for advice yet, but what I soon discovered that he thought more of his own opinion than he did of mine. ~Josh Billings




Never advise anyone to go to war or to marry.
~Unknown


Good advice is something a man gives when he is too old to set a bad example.
~Francois de La Rochefoucauld


When a man wants your advice he generally wants your praise.
~Lord Chesterfield


Sometimes I give myself admirable advice, but I am incapable of taking it. ~Mary Wortley Montagu



Give advice to your children while they're young enough to believe you know what you're talking about
~Unknown


I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.
~ G. K. Chesterton

Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't.
~Erica Jong


Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that's no reason not to give it
~Agatha Christie

I always pass on good advice. It's the only thing to do with it. It is never any use to oneself. ~Oscar Wilde



Some people like my advice so much that they frame it upon the wall instead of using it. ~Gordon R. Dickson

The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown


Old men are fond of giving good advice, to console themselves for being no longer in a position to give bad examples. ~FranÁois La Rochefoucauld


When we ask advice we are usually looking for an accomplice. ~Charles Varlet de La Grange


The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice we give to others. ~Author Unknown



We hate to have some people give us advice because we know how badly they need it themselves. ~Author Unknown



Advice is like castor oil, easy enough to give but dreadful uneasy to take.~
Josh Billings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
www.e-referrer.com