Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My Kink Is Not Sexy

Blood Reaction: A Vampire Novel (Volume 1)
Buy on Amazon
Friends please don't forget to head on over to Fabulosity Reads for my first interview featuring Blood Reaction author DL Atha as posted yesterday. I really would love to get your feedback in comments there.
..................................................................................................................................

As for the kink in my hair.....

One of our living ancients, Hugh Masekela, caused an upset in South Africa a few months ago amongst the fairer sex by saying he refused to take a photo with a girl that had a weave on her hair because he doesn't find weaves and "fried" in the least bit attractive. I'm sure he thinks that of you display the kink in your hair then you are being authentic and African. Mmmhhhh?

I personally think that's monumental hogwash resultant from brain cell impairment due to excessive drug and alcohol use in his youth and old age with is in turn turning him into a cantankerous old geezer. Which can be forgive I suppose.

I was reminded of this episode today as I undid my hair and did the conditioning treatment bit. Afterwhich I tried to comb and style and after 15 minutes of this it became quite clear that I wasn't gonna win Mess SA/Naija so I just threw up my wide tooth comb in exasperation. My hairdresser can only accommodate me tomorrow and so I am left with a full 24 hours of unsexy.
Thank God my husband isn't around otherwise i'd be hearing the usual "m'bweke" comments (note! this is an Igbo (one of the Nigerian tribes) term I have adopted but don't know how to spell as yet). I think its a derogatory term for someone from the backwaters of some backward village. Somebody looking something like this:

I'm sure you can see my dilemma and will ampathise with my "OhI'msoFatandUgly" feeling today. Hopefully the situation will be much improved tomorrow.
But don't let me have the last word on this as I wait anxiously for my long tresses to find their way to my head and feel halfway female again, never mind fabulous.  What do your prefer, natural or how shall I put this....... tastefully acquired?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
www.e-referrer.com