Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Why I Write

Photobucket
I entered this blogfest on a whim the other day because it looked pretty undaunting and unlike some that I see floating around, undemanding. As I take the shrinks couch in my head I now realize how I misled how much I misled myself, this is not an easy because it means internal digging, this is deep. Unfortunately I don’t have much time because with everything going on and me starting a new review blog, it slipped my mind. I’m glad I saw that Kayeleen was on my blog today. I hope everyone will hold to their commitment as I also scrabble to meet the deadline.
I have a number of witty things I could say about why I started writing, like the fact that in December  last year I jokingly said to my friends I’m having a midlife crisis in my mid thirties and need an outlet. Or that I needed a clandestine lover that won’t leave me ravaged with adulterous guilt. But when I seriously think about it,   just needed to do something for myself that would help me find me, it hit me on my for 35 birthday this past December when I asked who am I or what do I like, I couldn’t answer.
I’ve always loved books and when a friend suggested that I should blog because I have far too much to say for the Facebook platform, I though well perhaps I could take something I enjoy a step further. I can’t explain it eloquently but blogging has been so liberating.  I am learning new, very pleasant things about Wendy everyday and I can sleep. People who knew of my sleep issues said I needed prayer, counselling and all sorts of additional things but as much as I know I always am in need of prayer, this time it turned out, I needed an outlet. From the day I started blogging, insomnia ceased.
I now have a number of book related  WIP’s and could not be happier. I feel healthy, I’m not skipping and dancing in the rain all the time but I am happy and so is my family which is quite remarkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
www.e-referrer.com