Saturday, July 30, 2011

IT'S CONFUSING SOMETIMES...

“Let go! You’re hurting my wrist!”, Diane screamed, as Carter pulled her out of the house.
It wasn’t much of a problem to Carter because the loud music overshadowed every bit of the scream. He pulled her out until they got to where all the cars were parked and it was fairly quiet.
“What do you think you’re doing?” Carter asked with anger in his voice.
Diane just stared at him with a blank facial expression. She pulled her wrist free from his grip and used her left palm to rub and sooth her now hurting wrist. “Uhhhh, it’s a party. I was having fun until you rudely interrupted me by pulling me out like a dog on a leash”.
“That’s what you call it?” Carter asked with surprise in his voice. “Rudely interrupting?”
“I was having a serious conversation Carter. Yes, you rudely interrupted me.”
Carter made a fist with right hand and lightly pushed down on the trunk of the car the stood against. “Diane, serious conversations haven’t been the only thing you’ve been doing tonight. I’ve been watching”.
Diane stared at him in utter dismay. “why exactly are we having this conversation?” she lifted her right hand and put on her waist before she realized that her wrist still hurt wayyy too much to do that. “I don’t owe you any answers. It’s a party and I will do what I want to have fun. Is there a part of that you do not understand Carter?”
“Actually, yes.” Carter answered with a sense of sarcasm in his voice. “Are you doing this to make me jealous? Or make me angry, or to just simply provoke me?” he asked.
She smirked. “Really? Make you jealous? Sheesh. You sure do have a lot of time to think this over. We’re not a couple. Remember? If u didn’t hear me the first time, hear me again.” She turned and faced him. “I will do whatever I want.”
“No you won’t” Carter quickly answered with severe anger in his voice.
“Excuse me?” 
“Because now we are a couple.” He answered. “And you will respect that”.
“Woooooowwww”, remarked Diane. “Now we are a couple? I succeed in making you jealous without the intention to, and all of a sudden we’re a couple?” She lifted her left palm to her forehead and turned away to look back at the house for a brief second. “You know, all I have ever wanted is to be your girl, but that I love you doesn’t mean I don’t have my head in the right place.” She took a deep breath.
“If you really wanted to be with me, you’d be with me now. You won’t have had to wait till you realized how hurt you were seeing me with other people. If you’re ever going to be with me, be with me for the right reasons”.
Carter lifted his face and looked into her eyes.
“So no Carter,” she said. “We’re not a couple”.
“why are you being like this Diane?” He softened up a bit since he realized this conversation was not going like he expected.
“Being like this?” She released a little frustrated laugh. “Seriously Carter? I’ve lived the last few months asking myself why you’re ‘being like this’”.
“Okay. Slow down cause you’re losing me”.
“I’ve had to deal with you acting like other girls are more important than me; which may actually be true. I got jealous but I didn’t drag you out of a party hurting you by the wrist. I’m always the one texting you or calling you to meet up somewhere, or something just so I cud see you. I almost always have to text you first cause it seems like you forget me once we’re not together. I’ve had to wonder if I was ever being a pest, or disturbing you. All this about the man that claims to love me. So I’ll answer the question after you. Why are you being like this Carter?”
Carter lowered his head and stared at his feet, making the realization that Diane was nowhere near wrong. “I’m sorry Diane. There’s just been a lot to deal with”.
“A lot to deal with? You think I’m not dealing with a lot? You think all this is easy for me? It just seems like you say all the sweet stuff to me but don’t even care about me being happy.”
“How could you say that?” Carter seemed more hurt now than angry.
“Well that’s how it has seemed all along. At least to me.” She answered.
“Why didn’t you tell me? You acted like everything was okay and all of a sudden you come out with all this stuff? How was I supposed to know any of this? How?” Carter wasn’t pleased with any of this information he was getting.
“I still don’t know why we’re having this conversation”. Diane interjected.
Carter looked into her eyes “I want to make things right.”
“Now? Like this? I don’t think so Carter. If u want to make things right, do it for the right reasons, and do it at the right time.” Diane replied. “Right now, I am getting back to my ‘serious conversation’ and other things”.
She turned around and walked back towards the house, and in that moment, Carter realized that he had something extraordinary that if he didn’t fight for, he was about to lose.

That's whatever it is... as i do it.
~***shanpepe***~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
www.e-referrer.com