Saturday, April 30, 2011

Z is for Zulu On My Stoep and other Z's

Oh my, its finally happened. The time has come to bid the A-Z Challenge goodbye. I can't believe this is the last post for it. There were times when it felt like it would never end. Congratulations to myself and fellow bloggers for sticking with it to the end. It is no small feat.  Raises your glasses everybody.

My Z post is very short but full of good memories. It's dedicated to South African movies that I watched in my early and late teens.  I had such a wonderful time watching these and now my children enjoy them too.
I love Leon Schuster, he does such a great job at putting his brand of comedy on film. My son asked me to get these again when he saw these clips, they are great family fun, perfect for winter days in the house.
But before you watch the clips I'd like to draw your attention to the last 3 clips which is about Shaka Zulu. You can see the beauty of Zulu land in this video. I'm sure the location here is the valley of a thousand heels.
Kind Shaka was the most influential leader of the Zulu people and was unfortunately killed by his own brothers when he showed signs of dementia, the result of not coping with the death of his mother Nandi I think.



Shaka Zulu



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
www.e-referrer.com