Sunday, September 18, 2011

Giving Up The Dream by J.L Campbell

Last Friday my bedtime read was J.L Campbell's new self publication, Giving Up The Dream which is free on Smashwords for you to download and experience some really awesome writing.


Love, honour and obey. In a perfect life, these promises are easy to keep. When faced with spousal betrayal, idealistic oaths take a back seat. Justine Charles made the ultimate sacrifice for her dying husband. Will she rally after his death or be forced to give up a final chance at happiness?

 MY READING EXPERIENCE
Giving Up The Dream kept of my heart in my throat from beginning to end.  How many times I exclaimed in shock and wonder to myself  I cannot count. It was like watching a piece of detail about someone’s life that makes you want to look away but you can’t because the scene before you has you in its grips. Everytime I decided it can’t get worse better  then J.L adds another twist and I’m left thinking are these people for real. And the shocking thing is that they feel very real. I kept thinking oh please lord let not the spouse find this out. Can you imagine that, rooting for the philander (LOL).
I also found myself thinking that this could actually be any circle of married friends dealing with life’s difficulties in ways that are inexcusable to society but at times find acceptance the individual's mind in times of hardship and darkness.
I absolutely loved it, the entire short story work is so scandalous and riveting you can’t put it down. I can’t wait for the novel, Distraction that this publication is a summary of. Great job J.L, this is fantastic writing.

EXTRA. EXTRA. READ ALL ABOU' IT
There is even more on offer from J.L with Don't Get Mad....Get Even. You can download it from Smashwords as well for a minimal cost of $.99c.



What choices do you have when you are abused, cheated on and left with a trail of broken promises? Don’t Get Mad…Get Even.  Take an inside look at Jamaican culture and lifestyle through a collection of award-winning stories. You will laugh, cry and commiserate with a compelling cast of characters, who conquer their challenges in unique ways.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
www.e-referrer.com