Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Greetings From Naija


My son playing photographer
with mommy for model ...LOL- I
remember the poses getting
 more ridiculous each passing moment.
Hello friends.
It's been a while with me being too preoccupied with life (you know how it has a way of getting in the way) but I hope everyone is in one piece. I just thought to touch base and ask how's it hanging from hot Nigeria, my new home. I am currently suffering from culture shock and every other shock you can think of. I arrived on last Wednesday and it was huge eye opener. But enough of that, my Naija experience will be a full post very soon.

I already miss South Africa but don't feel too homesick and I think that's just because I'm really looking forward to putting together a kind of life here. Plus, I have every confidence that I'll be flying south December so things can't get that bad in three months right. They are bound to look up soon.
For instance I was so happy today when i came across some familiar sites during our brief outing. One was at a game arcade of some sort and the other a playground called Wonderland...LOL (really?)
I love how lush and green Nigeria is.
That background is everywhere, including mountain size hills.















In all honesty though, I do thingk once I get over the initial shock of not being in a first world type environment, I will really grow to like this place. The people are so sweet in Abuja, but Lagos, well that's another story (although I only experienced airport staff on arrival in Lagos whom I am convinced are products of the loins of satan). And on that happy note, let me let you in on some invites I got from SA.

If you are in Johannesburg I wanna give you a heads up on a rock art exhibition I attended last year which I thought was awesome in its intention to support struggling Zimbabwean artists. We all know you just cannot do enough for those poor Mugabe victims.You  can find come of the pictures I took last year (HERE).










And another lovely establishment in Johannesburg (one of my favourite tea places) has a new addition. Check them out too.


And if you are interested in my review of Vampire Academy, please head on over to my review blog (Fabulosity Reads)
Cheers everyone and thanks for sticking around despite my neglect in the last couple of months. Much Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
www.e-referrer.com