Monday, October 24, 2011

DON'T GET DISTRACTED




"You are the bird whose wings came when I awakened in the night and called. Only with my arms I called, because your name is like a chasm, a thousand nights deep." – Rainer Maria Rilke, from “The Guardian Angel,”

“Even as he obsessively asks himself why he is not loved, the amorous subject lives in the belief that the loved object does love him but does not tell him so.”--Roland Barthes, A Lover’s Discourse: Fragments

"And when at last you find someone to whom you feel you can pour out your soul, you stop in shock at the words you utter — they are so rusty, so ugly, so meaningless and feeble from being kept in the small cramped dark inside you so long." --Sylvia Plath

"If I didn’t think, I’d be much happier; if I didn’t have any sex organs, I wouldn’t waver on the brink of nervous emotion and tears all the time." --Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
www.e-referrer.com