Thursday, October 20, 2011

News, Views and Interviews


I'm just popping in to give an update of what's happening in and around mine and your world and also to add a bit of Friday Fun.

********************************************************
Writing News
Then there a lovely bit of news about the very first blog challenge I took part in after I started my blogging gig. The A to Z challenge hosted by Arlee Bird @ Tossing It Out. Well it's gotten bigger, better,....(I can't think of another comparative adjective) but you get my drift. How you ask. It now has its own website and is already preparing for the next one, next April. Don't miss out, head on over to: A to-Z challenge.com

Next, I want to mention a book on the way out which I'm looking forward to, so perhaps you can also add it to your X-mass sock list:

My favorite self-published author: J.L Campbell has her new novel Hardware coming out November 1st and if what I've read from her already is anything to go by, this is going to be ridiculously fierce.

All that chubbiness has to go.
Seriously! Even airbrushing don't help.
This is one of my favourite 
covers by Tirz.
My good friend, favorite live poet and artiste extraordinaire, Tirzah Goodwin from A Clever Whatever gave me a head-shot makeover the other day and I thought, if only a person could do this in real life. You know, if you don't like you look that morning just go to some online database and borrow a look, do a little airbrushing and Bob's your uncle. Life would be grand, no bad hair days that end up in 10 hour sittings for braiding. 
But on a more serious note, if you are a writer and more especially a self - published one and you haven't been to Tirzah's place, then I can safely say your are doing your yourself a monumental disservice. You need to see her book covers and tutorials on how to make them. The one on the left is one of my fave Tirz creations....oh she has a crazy habit of giving them away too. 


Now on to musical news. 
You might remember an interview i did with tremendously talented Australian classical pianist Fiona Hawkins a couple of months ago. Fiona emailed me last week with these fantastic news.
"Hello all my Musical Friends, Its official.........Grammy Long Ballot is out and has included Christmas Joy in the following categories:
  • Best Pop Instrumental Album,
  • Best Instrumental Composition - Christmas Wedding
  • Best Instrumental Arrangement - O Come O Come Emmanuel
  • Best Engineered Album, Non Classical
  • Producer of the Year - Corin Nelsen
For listening purposes (full tracks at hi res):  http://vibedeck.com/fionajoyhawkins
If you want the short version – here is a video montage of the album  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCDeln0Cfjg"
If you know anyone who may be interested, please forward this information, that would be much appreciated.
I'm also including her flyer for the Two Grand I'm Yours Tour dates which just got confirmed as well. So if you're in Australia, go on and get your tickets peeps. If music be.......

Share This: 
http://www.fionajoyhawkins.com.au
Fiona and Trysett on Tour

2 Grand I'm Yours - TOUR

October 20th, Brisbane Jazz Club, Kangaroo Point
Tickets $25 (members $20) Doors 6.30pm Show 7.30 -10pm

October 23rd, Clarence Valley Conservatorium - GRAFTON
Tickets $25 adult, $15 Concession $5 Student Doors 2pm

October 28th, Glasshouse Port Macquarie
Tickets $25 Doors 7.30pm Tel: 02 65818888

November 3rd El Rocco Sydney
Tickets $20 at door.  Doors 7.30pm

Nov 5th Arts Bundanoon - Piano at Ten
Tickest $5 at door.  Doors 10.00am

Sunday 27th Nov - Kendall Arts Council TBA
For more dates check www.fionajoyhawkins.com.au

AND......some really lovely NEW videos:   

Still Still Still - (with Paragauyan Harp)

Silent Night (Down the Aisle)

Walking in the Air (Howard Blake arr FJH)

BUY HERE:  Christmas Joy

 Finally..... Christmas Joy is on the long ballot for several Grammy Categories:

Best Pop Instrumental Album,
Best Instrumental Composition - Christmas Wedding
Best Instrumental Arrangement - O Come O Come Emmanuel
Best Ingineered Album, Non Classical
Producer of the Year - Corin Nelsen


Love Peace and Music

fiona
Little Hartley Music Logo http://www.littlehartleymusic.com.au
PO Box 217 | Laurieton NSW 2443 | Australia
orders@littlehartleymusic.com.au or www.fionajoyhawkins.com.au

And Fun Things
The other day I came across two you tube videos I had fun watching and thought I'd share. If you have a moment check them out and once again, thanks for coming by. i'll see you soon at your place!

Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
www.e-referrer.com