Saturday, March 3, 2012

Always lower your gaze

“There was a companion of ours in Glasgow who became ill and was hospitalized. He was admitted for three days and on the fourth day the attendant nurse said, “Marry me”.

He [the brother in Glasgow] asked, “Why? I am a Muslim, you and I cannot become companions.”


She said, “I’ll become Muslim.”


 “What’s the reason?” it was asked.

She said, “In all my time that I have served in hospitals, except you, I have never seen a man lower his gaze in front of a woman. In my life you are the first person who lowers his gaze when seeing a woman. I come, and you close your eyes. Such great modesty can be taught by none other than a true religion.”

The protection of one’s gaze entered Islam in her. She testified to the Oneness of Allah and became a Muslim. They both got married. By now, the same woman was and is the means of bringing so many other girls / women into Islam.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
www.e-referrer.com