Monday, August 29, 2011

"YOU'RE CALLING ME TO WALK BY FAITH, SO I WILL TAKE A LEAP".

As is my usual tradition before any semester begins, I get on my knees and commit it into the hands of the Lord. From then on, I do my part to the best of my ability and leave the rest to God.

"I cast all my cares upon you. I lay all of my burdens, down at your feet. And anytime I don't know what to do, I will cast all my cares upon you".

Last semester was tough for me. I started out like okay, this is going to be good. Apparently not. Some way through the semester i'm hating myself cause I couldn't get the grades that I wanted, and I just couldn't do things right. Being the annoying perfectionist that I am, it got me very worried. With every step I took, it just got worse. My mind started to tell me to settle for B's where I didn't think I could make A's. For every time that I tried, my psyche told me that I'd fail twice over. I was literally slowly giving up on my efforts, but then again, I got on my knees and prayed.

"I just can't give up now. I've come to far from where I started from. Nobody told me the road would be easy, and I don't believe he brought me this far to leave me"!

You know, God really means it when he says he won't ever leave me or forsake me. He means it when he says he will be with me. He means it when he says he won't give me more than I can handle. He means it when he says if we ask, he gives. He means it when he says that in our weakness his strength is made perfect. Above all, he means it when he says his grace is sufficient for me.

"Your grace is enough for me".

I kept track of my scores for every class, (like i always do) just so I could now where I stood. I was sure of one B grade, and a mixture of A's and A-'s. When I used the g.p.a calculator, I came out with a 3.6 for the semester. My goal was a 3.8 at the beginning of the semester, now it was the end, done with classes and all, not time to make up anyy grades, and I try calculating and come up with a 3.6 g.p.a. Very literally, I almost started crying. I didn't understand why God would let something like this happen when he saw how hard I worked all semester, and how fervently I prayed to reach my goal.

""The Voice of Truth tells me a different story, the Voice of Truth says do not be afraid. The Voice of Truth says this is for my glory, out of all the voices calling out to me, I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of Truth".

I didn't worry about it anymore and I told God that I was disappointed but that there was nothing else I could do, so I thanked him for how much he helped me through the semester and at least what my grades came out to be. A couple of days later my friend posts a status on facebook about how she got a 3.9 something g.p.a, and how that was the best one she'd ever gotten, and it suddenly reminded me to check mine. I was very scared to even open it, cause sometimes you expect more than you actually got, but since I already knew my fate, I went and opened it. When I looked at my grades the first time, I had to log out and log back in to make sure they were right. Logging back in confirmed it - All A's and a 3.94 g.p.a. I was literally speechless.

"With you, all things are possible, like an eagle I can soar. With you, the giants fall, they rise no more. With you, I overcome, when fear and faith collide. There's nothing I can't do, anything is possible with you".

Again, I was literally speechless. If you ask me how to tell you how that happened, till today I swear I can't, cause I have not the slightest idea. God walked with me. He kept all his promises to never leave me. He held my hand when it was rough, and carried me when I needed rest. This God I serve.. the same one I prayed to at the beginning of the semester asking for help, at the middle of the semester asking for strength, and at the end, both complaining 'bout where I was, but at the same time thanking him for how far he brought me. Once again, I got on my knees.

"I get on my knees, I get on my knees. There I am before the Lamb that changes me. See I don't know how but there's power, when I'm on my knees".

I really do't know how, but there's power when you're on your knees. Another semester awaits me. Another semester awaits you. I got on my knees and said this same prayer yesterday before my semester started today. I told God what I want. He knows that I am nervous about Political Science 352 - (a core that everyone at my school has to take, and quite simply, it's a beast). He knows that my other classes may be a little overwhelming for me. But he also knows, that I'm looking up to him like I did before. 

"I dance..like the rain on the roof, tell my soul that my spirit's on the loose, don't know if anyone will understand, it feels like an angel's got a hold of my hand. So I dance".

I guess this is a challenge to you. Get on your knees and tell God what you want. The Bible says that God never forsakes the righteous. If you tell him what you want, AND DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER BY WORKING THE HARDEST YOU CAN to make it, he'll honour your request. If he doesn't, we don't serve the same God. 

Its better to walk in the dark with God by faith, than to walk in the light, alone by sight. 

That's my little challenge to you.. as i do it.

~**shanpepe***~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
www.e-referrer.com