Friday, July 9, 2010

Daily Positive Thoughts

Daily positive thought for the day

After a long day at work today, I am finally home. I need a little positive thinking this evening. I am a mortgage processor for a small Savings and Loan. I have been there for 15 years and when you work at a small place, you learn to wear many hats.
One of the employees called out sick today (when it was her Friday to work late) Different employees alternate. She is one of the tellers and we were so busy today because we were closed yesterday for an annual employee outing. She was overheard saying she was going down the beach this weekend and she was drinking in the hot sun yesterday.
Well, needless to say, our office only had 10 employees in it and 3 other ones were out today already (scheduled vacation) so this girl calls out. The thing that really ticked me off is that I really doubt that she was sick.
We all call out at times when we aren't really sick but when you know we are already going to be shorthanded and you call out and stick the other girl (who has been having severe back problems) to work late for you, it is just rude. If she wasn't in the hospital, she should have been there today.
I almost want to tell her that we need a doctor's note from her. (She seems to call out alot on Fridays and Mondays)

I try to tell myself that she is only 23 and it is age etc (you know doing all my positive thinking) but it is still rude and inconsiderate and left a big burden on us other employees.

Now, I am going to have to call her in for a sit down on Monday with the vice president and talk about absenteeism etc (as she has only been employed with us for about 9 months) This needs to be nipped in the bud.

Anyhow, let's do our daily positive thoughts

No matter who you are or what your age may be, if you want to achieve permanent, sustaining success, the motivation that will drive you toward that goal must come from within

and that is our daily positive thought

TGIF now time for a little wine, a little facebook and a little "me" time

Happy, Happy Friday

Let's also real quick do a funny thought of the day

Always borrow money from a pessimist; he doesn’t expect to be paid back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
www.e-referrer.com