Saturday, July 3, 2010

Learning to Love your Life

As you have read from my previous posts, I didn't have the best of childhoods. I am really going through a self help stage in my life right now. (not that I ever hated life or lived life badly) but I have a daughter whom I love very much and I have worked so hard for so many years. I am tired right now and just want to relax more in my life and take the time to enjoy my only child and enjoy my life. I've noticed that over the past few years, I tend to use alchohol more to relax and have fun when I should be enjoying life in different ways. LOL- you know it is bad when you go to a 4th of July party and everyone around you is getting drunk (and you take a book with you and get more joy by just relaxing in the nice weather, reading, carrying on some conversation and just watching your child swim and play. (The only bad part was I realized just how annoying people are when they get drunk ) LOL Now, don't get me wrong, I am not anywhere near a saint but just realized that I don't need to drink at a party to enjoy myself. That was an awesome feeling (except for the fact that my fiance drank way too much beer and again, it is annoying being around someone drunk when you are not haha but not going to throw stones

Anyhow, as I enjoyed my reading today in the beautiful weather, I thought of some things that were just inspiring to me in my own journey to learning to love my life. My goal is going to be start keeping a journal. Writing down my dreams, reflections and things that I discover along the way. Set my goals.

Ask yourself, do you have a dream or something that you would like to accomplish for either yourself or your family? What steps can you take to make that happen?

You have to trust your inner knowing. If you have a clear mind, you wont have to search for direction. Direction will come to you.

Surround yourself with people that inspire you. Cleanse your life (as you would cleanse your body) Get rid of the toxins. Change people, places and things. Avoid the negative.

As you go through life, you will navigate through the lost and found dreams. Never give up. Always pay attention to your surroundings.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and enjoying your time here. Enjoying your friends and family.

Don't take life for granted :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
www.e-referrer.com