Monday, May 30, 2011

Dreams of a Dark Warrior: Book Review

Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark, #11)Dreams of a Dark Warrior by Kresley Cole
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book Blurb

From #1 New York Times bestseller Kresley Cole comes this gripping tale of a battle-maddenend warrior driven by revenge and the Valkyrie temptress who haunts his dreams.
*******
He vowed he'd come for her. . .
*********
Murdered before he could wed Regin the Radiant, warlord Aidan the Fierce seeks his beloved through eternity, reborn again and again into new identities, yet with no memory of his past lives—only an endless yearning.
*********
She awaits his return. . .
*********
When Regin encounters Declan Chase, a brutal Celtic soldier, she recognizes her proud warlord reincarnated. But Declan takes her captive, intending retribution against all immortals, unaware that he belongs to their world.
*********
To sate a desire more powerful than death. . .
*********
Yet every reincarnation comes with a price, for Aidan is doomed to die when he remembers his past. To save herself from Declan's torments, will Regin rekindle memories of the passion they once shared—even if it means once again losing the only man she could ever love?


My Thoughts
This book gets a 4 star rating for entertainment value. I read it in 2.5 days and that for me is fast because not only am I not a fast reader like that but I have so much happing that reading is really a squeeze but one I opened this book I made sure I found the time. I love it when writers of this genre stretch their imagination to bring something different and thrilling to the table but still make it effortlessly believable, and this is what Kresley Cole does so well in Dreams of a dark warrior.
The story begins with a daughter of a god who is shut out of the "heavenly realm" Valhalla - oh I should mention that the moment you mention vikings in fiction, I am totally lost. I have loved stories about them since I was a little girl. Anyway, the girl, Reginleit a Valkyrie (aka maiden warrior)She falls for a mortal I Aiden, A North-man and also a Berserker - mortal with the spirit of a bear)or rather the mortal falls for her but as you can imagine, fate is against them from the beginning. It is a real adventure seeing all the different supernatural characters playing their part in this novel. You have every paranormal figure imagined featured here, from vampires to witches to demons. You name it, its there.

I don't want to say much more or I'll give it away. If you enjoy paranormal fantasy then this is a must read for you, note it for your 101 fantasy challenge.

What fantasy novel have you found gripping lately, why would you recommend it?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
www.e-referrer.com