Thursday, November 18, 2010

Top 10 Famous Quotes For Acceptance

Acceptance says, "True, this is my situation at the moment. I'll look unblinkingly at the reality of it. But I'll also open my hands to accept willingly whatever a loving Father sends me."
- Catharine Marshall




Acceptance is not submission; it is acknowledgement of the facts of a situation. Then deciding what you're going to do about it.
- Kathleen Casey Theisen




God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
- Reinhold Niebuhr




You have to take it as it happens, but you should try to make it happen the way you want to take it.
- Old German proverb




We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.




It's not a very big step from contentment to complacency.
- Simone de Beauvoir




The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.
- Maureen Dowd




"Good enough never is" has become the motto of this company.
- Debbi Fields




Self-complacency is fatal to progress.
- Margaret Elizabeth Sangster




Some people confuse acceptance with apathy, but there's all the difference in the world. Apathy fails to distinguish between what can and what cannot be helped; acceptance makes that distinction. Apathy paralyzes the will-to-action; acceptance frees it by relieving it of impossible burdens.
- Arthur Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
www.e-referrer.com