Tuesday, March 22, 2011

DEAR ANONYMOUS...

Anonymous said...

This post is fueled by the exact sort of misinformed passion Cindy Cook was known for inciting in her students. Geneva College is a strong advocate of diversity, Cindy Cook is not. Cindy Cook is pro-minority and that is a very different thing. During my time at Geneva College I witnessed several occasions were Cindy Cook took advantage of the fact that she is black and used it in ways that were conniving and unethical. I know several students who were in BSO that reported her for racist comments against white people - some of these students were adopted and raised by white parents and had a hard time digesting her teachings. Cindy taught her students that every white student was out to get them and therefore the enemy. That is NOT diversity. That is RACISM. And yes, black people are capable of racism too. Google it.

In addition, your understanding of how a Christian University operates is lacking. Geneva had adequate reasons to let her go, I can assure you of that. However, because the administration is more gracious than even I can understand, they gave her the option to resign, allowing her a better chance at finding employment at another university as well as allowing her to leave with the dignity and respect of her students and coworkers. It worked, as is evidenced by your blog post.

Don't ever be so quick to assume that there is a scandal. I, too, used to be drawn to such ideas but have since become much more appreciative of Geneva's faculty and administration. Have their been scandals? Oh yes, there most certainly have been. I have plenty I could share, but who would benefit from such information? Only those who wish to bring down a school that does far more good than evil. Unless you want to expose Cindy and bring out what really happened, I suggest you let it go and let her keep on looking innocent.


Dear anonymous,
Thank you very much for your honest opinion. However, I will address that too.

         I have not said that Cindy Cook is perfect. She's a human being, and human beings make mistakes. Yes, she may have said things in the past that may not have been right, but to say that she is pro-minority and a racist? I think that's very rude and disrespectful. I have not said that geneva or its administration is racist or pro-minority. My opinion is just that i feel like a peice of the puzzle is missing in the story that we are being told about this said resignation, and frankly, a lot of people cannot understand what it is, or why it is missing.
          I have said that this seems deceiving to me because we cannot get answers from anywhere - not from either Cook or Perrine, or even the administration. That we cannot get answers is troubling. Also, in all my life i have never seen soo many people displeased about a resignation like these two. So many questions have been raised that are not being answered. The silence raises more concerns. The reason i chose to call this deceit is because i feel like we are not being told the complete truth. Again, i will say that this is my honest opinion. and Again, i will say that God knows what all of us want to know, and he will be the one to judge the situation. I do not want to know the details. I just want answers.
        I am not out here to ruin the reputation of Geneva College. I go here, and not only am i a student leader, but i am a student worker. I gave a tour on Saturday and a parent asked about the rock and what it was painted for. I told them we were honouring two of our staff who resigned. Even with my opinion that things do not match up with this whole resignation story, i told them what geneva is telling the public, because again, this is my opinion and only God, knows the whole truth. You said Geneva is a strong advocate of diversity. I will not say they are not, but i will say that to me, their actions do not portray that.
      Cindy Cook was and is a good woman. I will stand ontop of a roof and scream that anywhere in the world, because i know it is true. Like i said yesterday, i do not see fulfillment in hidden guts. I'm confident enough to say that Ms. Cook is neither racist, nor pro-minority. And i have made myself known. If you know that there is truth and accuracy in what you have said, please, very kindly sign your name. Do not comment anonymously.

Finally, I would like to ask those of you who comment on my blog to be respectful and not call each other names. that is not Christian like behaviour, and in as much as this situation upsets us, we need to remember to address things like christians would. Everybody has an opinion, and even if others are rude and disrespectful, do what Jesus would do. Render your opinion in a respectful way.

And that is all I have to say about that.

~***shanpepe***~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
www.e-referrer.com