Saturday, March 26, 2011

Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich: A Book Club Review


Another book bites the dust, dum dum dum...(singing)
This time its the hilarious Janet Evanovich's Fearless Fourteen. It isn’t one of her earlier work but it certainly has its moments, I can’t wait to get hold of one of her firsts. I think this one is a romantic comedy come crime novel where no one really seems to know what they're doing excepts that they know they will catch somebody doing something at some point. Its got the the odd kiss, a bit of lust and stuff thrown in, with the occassional toe or two being chopped off for ransom and a sidekick that reminds me of Mo'Nique Imes. What I really loved about this book were the orgasmically delicious descriptions of the male characters and how much it made me laugh (ref. to pg 77 - 80)....one morning I was catching up on my reading over breakfast at Mug and Bean, I must have forgotten where i was because the next thing,  as I got to the middle of page 54 (hardcopy) I gave off one of my unrepentant belly busting laughs. I mean I could not stop. The tears where running down my face and everyone else I realised was having moment of silence. A perplexed and yet amused silence for most and I suspect an irritated silence for others.
This proved to only be the first of such moments, they are liberally spread throughout the book. I’ll be honest, it does have sections where it wonders off from its intensity but it is worth keeping on reading.
I recommend that if you need a bit more than a little laughter and regular smiles, you're suffering from high blood pressure, stress, heartache and/or a bout of the “not my sexy best” feeling _ this book could go a long way in reminding you just how healing laughter is. I do believe that people who laugh more are happier (with the exception of Jim Carrey of course) and this book helped remind me of that.
 Fearless Fourteen: Stephanie Plum_She’s a bond enforcement agent with more luck than talent, and she’s involved in this bank-robbery-gone-bad disaster from day one. Security expert Carlos Manoso, street name Ranger, has a job for Stephanie that will involve night work. Morelli has his own ideas regarding Stephanie’s evening activities.
I really like this lady, I think she's as hot as her Stephanie Plum character with her cute quirkiness. 
(Time Magazine interviews Janet Evanovich)

Where can you find Fearless Fourteen?
Well, for one its available freely on line  for your reading pleasure and if you're anything like me you'll want a hard-copy too and it is über affordable @ kalari.net _R73.95.




Happy reading




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
www.e-referrer.com