Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Xhosa In My Song

No poetry today folks.
I woke up craving to hear my language as I don't get an opportunity to speak it unless I call back home. So I did the next best think which turned out to actually be the best thing. I went on to one of our Young Adult/Adult radio stations back home and checked their top charts and walla. There were two in Xhosa right at the top of the chart, so off I went to You Tube for a listen.
I thought I'd share this for the benefit of those who may enjoy hearing of my Xhosa bits and those who have not as yet read up on my Xhosaness.



uLoliwe wayidudula ["the train is pushing"]

Nang'esiza ["here it comes"]

Sul'ezonyembezi mntakwethu ["wipe those tears off, loved one'']

Phezulu, eNkosini ["in Heaven, in the Lord"]

Kuhlal 'ingcwele zodwa ["lives only the holy"]

Mawufuna ukuya khona, thandaza ["if you want to go there, pray"]

I confess to having abused the repeat button listening to this track.

My other Xhosa posts can be found here:
X Is For Xhosa
Again On My Xhosaness
Mother And Son Chat About Cutting The Sausage

See You On Monday, Have A Great Weekend Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
www.e-referrer.com