Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Sweet Conversation


Girl: I think I like you
Boy: You think? I think you must be mistaken.
Girl: no, I like you
Boy: I don’t think you like me. I think you like the company. I think you like the conversations we have. I think you like that someone listens. You like the feeling that someone is always there for you. But should you remove me from the equation and place someone else in my spot, you would feel the same way. So you see, you like the feeling but not ME.
Girl: Please don’t tell me what I feel. I like you…in fact, I love you.
Boy: Would you do me a favour?
Girl: Anything
Boy: I want you to close your eyes and imagine the following. Imagine yourself in 10 years. I want you to imagine how you look in 10 years. What kind of clothes will you wear. I want you to imagine where you will be working in 10 years. I want you to imagine your family and how they look. I want you to imagine your future car. I want you to imagine your kids on a Saturday afternoon as they play in the backyard. I want you to imagine their first bike ride. I want you to get it all in there. Imagine your house, furniture, everything. I want you to imagine your life.
Okay can you see it all in front of you?
Girl: yeah, I see it.
Boy: Now, did you see me anywhere in there?
Girl: yes I did.
Boy: and where would that be?
Girl: Well, obviously you were right there with the kids…after all you are their father!!!!
Boy: (long pause) I love you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
www.e-referrer.com