Monday, July 16, 2012

Argument


Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute.  ---Josh Billings

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." -Gilbert K. Chesterton

"The sounder your argument, the more satisfaction you get out of it." -Edward W. Howe

"The fellow that agrees with everything you say is either a fool or he is getting ready to skin you." -Kin Hubbard

"It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it."   -Jeseph Joubert

"The only people who listen to both sides of an argument are the neighbors."

"He that always gives way to others will end in having no principles of his own."  -Aesop

"I argue very well. Ask any of my remaining friends.  I can win an argument on any topic, against any opponent. People know this, and steer clear of me at parties.  Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me." -Dave Barry

"Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute." -Josh Billings

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me." -Dudley Field Malone

"He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak." -Michel de Montaigne

Age 51: I've learned that when you have an argument with your spouse, the first one who says, "I'm sorry I hurt your feelings; please forgive me," is the winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
www.e-referrer.com